2013年4月8日 星期一

Visit 3 - Around Sound Festival

I have visited the Around Sound Festival on 26 January. It is an new experience to me as artwork that I usually touched are paintings, photographs and so on. Sound performance with dance is interesting and good!

When we entered the pier, we immediately hear some sound which is generated by the stuffs below.


They are made of different materials like cables, electronic. Frankly, I just think that the sound generated by all these together at the same time are so noisy. Despite this, I also think that it is so creative to create these.


The first performance is made by continuing nailing nails on the wood. I found that Akio Suzuki made use of different nails, and he nailed them on the wood with different level of force. After all the nailing for a very long time, Hiromi came out and started dancing while the man generated the sound by the nails. Originally, I think that it is quite boring to watch Akio Suzuki nailed the wood, however, Hiromi's dance together with the sound made by Akio Suzuki made the performance more interesting and meaningful.


Although I am not sure about the theme of the performance, it seems that I experience how a girl strive to work and enjoy life under such a great pressure. It is because at the beginning when Akio Suzuki was still nailing, Hiromi did not dance, rather she just sat down and lie down, and it seems that a girl did not want to do anything. However, later she dance with the sound and that seems that she has already find a way to live with the pressure. The performance made people full of strengthen!



The second performance was made use of water and bottles. They poured water into bottles and also poured water in the bottles on the ground. Some bottles were full of water and on the other hands, there were also some bottles that got little. This generated different sound and it is very interesting.




On the other hands, I think the visit was held at the Kwun Tong pier is quite a good idea. It is because it is not a crowded place, so there are no noise around. With the pleasant environment and sea wind, it is a good place to enjoy the sound performance, although the sea wind make me feel headache! HAHA!

沒有留言:

張貼留言