Although my perception of artwork is failure to understand the work, to my surprise, there are still quite a number of pieces of artwork are so impressive.
"Mutation" by Wendy Wu
It is of my very great impression that I found that this artwork "Mutation" is so resonated me. The artist of this piece of artwork, Wendy said that this was telling the story that a snack is transformed into a giraffe by removing the colorful skin. I am so impressed because it really suits me. Being a Catholic, I think people are so nice and "perfect" when they are born because we are just the "artwork" of God. However, because of difficulties of life, competition among people especially in our career, disappointment and even hurt from our beloved, we seems to understand more about the rules of our society and the world. Therefore, for the sake for self-protection, we may finally abandon our principles of life and become "less perfect" or even bad. I think that the colorful skin here means our self-protection and our masks.
We protect ourselves by playing the rules of game of the world which are so "beautiful" that everyone loved but false. It seems that everyday people are pretending---they say beautiful things, they cannot accept what they originally are but are pretending what everyone love (beautiful skin). However, what is important in this artwork is the removal of the colorful skin and become the one who we actually are, even it is not attractive. I think that it impressed me a lot because people in the University nowadays works very hard to wear these colorful skin while I, myself, am working hard to remove all my masks and find the real one of myself and establish my values of being kind and nice, being a good guys (becoming the giraffe.) I really love this piece of artwork because it share my lonely hardworking as it reflects my feeling because of the only one snack transform into giraffe and the feeling of lonely of the background color.
Another pieces of artwork is so impressed as well.
"Who am I" by Chris Lau.
As reflected by the artwork, the yellow one which is in the center is made of plastic means that they are not yet affected by those value. However, we can also see that the bottom of the centered one is not only plastic but also yellow paper, I think that they have already been slightly affected by the people that are surrounding it. I think the artist try to remind us to ask ourselves who am I so as to shock us that sometimes we do not actually know who I am and what we are doing; and remind us to always examinate ourselves. I agree with it so much because if I do not always examinate myself, I will surrendered to the rules of the world, as mentioned in the artwork "Mutation".
During the lesson, teacher said that artwork was originally made for religions and rich people.
However, I believe the reasons why artwork nowadays is still attractive is the communication with the artists. This kind of communication through artwork can share feeling like lonely, happiness, scare, and sometimes, it can also be the medicine of our sores and worries. At least, the lonely of transforming into a giraffe is lessened a lot!
What marvelous artwork!



It's nice to see that the art work triggered such deep emotions and thoughts within you. That is what good art should do - make question or appreciate personal and common values. For this course's purpose, in the next review try to analyze the work from a more objective point of view - about form, shape, color, concept, and impact on others.
回覆刪除