2013年2月18日 星期一

Favourite Artist ---- Allan Linder

Allan Linder is the artist that I am interested in. He is an American artist living in New York, He is a painter, sculptor, illustrator and writer. He uses a variety of media, but mostly acrylic paint on canvas.


 

 


Allan Linder was born in California in 1966 and has begun drawing and painting when he was five. Linder attended more than eight elementary schools around America when he was young. Between 1979 and 1995 he painted as Allan Shaw (Shaw was the name of his stepfather).In the 1980s, Linder was immersed in the art scene, and the growing rave scene in Los Angeles. In 2000 Linder settled in New York and has exhibited at the “Artists' Gallery” in Chelsea.
Linder has exhibited internationally in São Paulo, Brazil; Hamburg, Germany; Paris, France, and Barcelona, Spain. His work is held in private collections throughout the US and internationally.

The reason I would like to write about this artist is that his artwork is so impressed by me. In fact, I am impressed by some of his artwork that are quite nebulous and hazy. I love these kinds of his artwork more than the artworks which are drew and painted in high resolution as the nebulous artworks leave some space for me to develop my creativity and imagination that I can put myself and my story into the stories. As I think artwork is attractive is due to the communication with the artists, I am looking forward to have some kinds of communication with Linder when I read more about his artworks.





"The Sound of Progress", 2004



"Right Here", 2006




沒有留言:

張貼留言